9.3.08

30th Birthday cake



My dear Friend Kylie celebrated her 30th birthday over the weekend, this was held at the Victoria room in Darlinghurst. High tea was served and it was a great afternoon sipping tea and eating lots of yummy morsels of food. I cant reccomend this place enough. My partner and I held our Wedding reception here in Oct 07.

I decided I would surprise Kylie with one of my special Red velvet Birthday cakes. somthing that was just going to be an ordinary cake ended up looking like it should be a wedding cake. BUT non the less I am very pleased with the result and my friend more inportantly was very surpried and impressed.

I decorated in in White standard roses and gorgeous pink David Austin roses. its been a very long time since I have smelt roses that actualy smelt like roses should do. they were just divine.

This cake is a Red Velvet cake (Think Devils food cake with an intense deep red color) with an delicate orange buttercream filling. YUM

Happy Birthday Kylie..

Brett
xxoo


2 comments:

Kylie @ She Smiles said...

Aaahh... such a beautiful surprise and such a beautiful and delicious cake! xx

Zoey said...

Hi Brett,
I'm Zoey Joy from the i-do forum.
The cake you made for Kylie looks awesome!!!

Are you willing to share your recipe?? I've been looking for a recipe for a red velvet cake for ages but am having trouble finding one.
I'd love to make something yummy like that for my 21st birthday party to save on having to buy something.

If you can share, could you please pretty please email the recipe to peter.zoey@gmail.com ??

Thank you soooooo much .. your baking looks awesome.- definetely inspiring!

Zoey x